Thursday, December 30, 2010

A Recap

Instead of a Christmas letter, I’ve decided to write a “Year-End Wrap Up” letter. And well since I’ve basically shared my whole life on here throughout the year, maybe I’ll just make it a “For the last few weeks I’ve…” letter. Yeah, that seems best.

The kids started Christmas break two days earlier than planned due to that bitch Mother Nature dropping her evil snow. And thanks to the yokels in charge of my town, no streets were plowed. Even though we had a good week of notice of the impending storm, the “officials” or d-bags as I call them, were surprised by the “sudden” storm. So I was able to come two days closer to running away than originally planned.

So Christmas came and the kids hauled it in. That always makes a parent feel good. That is until two days later and the I’M BORED’s start singing. Guess what, kids? I’m leaving. Good luck in life. Well since I didn’t have a full tank of gas at the time and it was still pretty slick out, I stayed. I may regret this if school is called off again next week.

I got my red Chuck Taylors and some moo-lah from ole Curtis. My in-laws gave me an amazing Cuisinart Food Processor. I love it almost as much as I love my Dyson. I use them both all of the time. I always thought I’d be a doctor at 32, but somehow I’m Susie Homemaker. Doctor Susie Homemaker.

Sidenote: How come all customer service reps in the student loan business are slimy? I talked to one this week who gave me great news and I still felt dirty after hanging up the phone. Is it just me?

Back on track. The kids are insane, but I’m way worse. I’m honestly thinking about getting a job to get away from this asylum. That’s pretty crazy right there! Okay, so that’s it for me. I leave you with some things my children have said during their break that has amused me:

Do we have school tomonday (means tomorrow)? – Addy (This question is asked several times a day. EVERY DAY!)

A lady walked in front of us in the store and we had to stop and wait. Then this was said, “Stop Mommy. We need to wait for this old lady to go by.” – Kenzy

While playing his DS, “Can’t you take a hint? It’s OVER between us.” – Ty

While getting dressed and was only in her undies, “Momma, Teacher said Santa Claus sees us when we’re good and when we’re bad.” “That’s true.” Covering her chest, “Well, I don’t want him to see me naked.” – Kenzy (After telling Curtis this, he said that if he had heard it, he would have told her “Santa’s seen better.” Father of the year, folks.

Can you play DsiXL with me, Alexis? – Ty
NO, I DON’T WANT TO DO THAT. I’M JUST TRYING TO LIVE MY LIFE! - Alexis

Ty and Curtis were playing Rock, Paper, Scissors when Ty decided to throw in Volcano. After a few rounds of Volcano winning, I suggested Jesus as a choice. Because Jesus beats everyone. It was well received and now the whole family enjoys an occasional game of Rock, Paper, Scissors, Volcano, Jesus. (But never on Sundays, that’s just bad taste.)

Love,
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment