Monday, January 3, 2011

A Basketful of Childhood

Christmas with my side of the family was just lovely. They are very sweet, kind and generous people. I have no idea why they like me; I’m the polar opposite of them…when I’m not around them. When surrounded by them, I’m a different person. Ask my husband. Ask my kids. I have two different personalities. Well, two that I currently claim. There’s more, but that’s a story for another day.

So I got some great gifts from my family. My iPod! Some gift cards! Trash Bags! (These are amazing trash bags. Trust me! Great for holiday gift giving. If you’re giving them to me!) As a bonus, I got something special from my dad. He’s getting ready to put my part-time childhood house on the market, so he’s finding treasures of raising two children. He handed me a white basket full of items that were placed there by me as a child – well teenager at most. So I give you the basket of my childhood/teenage years:



  1. A picture of my cousin from her senior year in high school – 1997.
  2. A small beaded ring that I made when I went through a make my own jewelry phase.
  3. Cover Girl Peachy blush.
  4. Disposable Razor – Unused thank God!
  5. A cough drop and Smartie wrapper.
  6. Weird comb.
  7. Sweet hair pick.
  8. Bristle hair brush. BONUS – Free Hair Included!
  9. Surgical scissors. What the hell?
  10. Roll of tape.
  11. Post It with a JcPenney Account.
  12. Student ticket for the 10:15 showing of The Relic on 01/10/97 at Northwest 9. I guess I had a death wish.
  13. This is the BEST thing! A tag for a 3X sized piece of clothing purchased at VENTURE! See the up close pic for more dets!
  14. A gas receipt. Check out the big pic for some interesting info!
  15. A checkbook that was for a shared account between my deceased mom and myself. As I thumbed through that bad boy I found my check to Washington University early application for $50. Worst $50 I ever spent.
  16. A keychain for my future college – University of Missouri St. Louis.
  17. A small safety pin.
  18. A clip.
  19. $0.38 in pennies.
  20. The basket that I kept all of these cherished possessions in. Sadly the basket was in cherry condition when my dad handed it to me. 10 minutes in my home and the thing is destroyed.
  21. A sweet ballpoint pen. Always my favorite!
  22. A Perfection curling iron. Since I now process my hair to stick straight, I would be happy to send this lil gem to a new home!
  23. 2 Avon Cool Confidence Baby Powder Scent Roll-On Anti-Perspirant Deodorant. By the way, one is empty and one is full. Why would I not through that one away? Why won't I throw them both away now?
  24. Some trash from a tissue box. It appears I’ve always enjoyed Soft’n Gentle. I’m not a Hard’n Rough kinda girl. At least not with my tissues. Za-zing!
  25. 3oz jar of Walgreens brand Decongestant Vaporizing Rub.

The receipt from the local Citgo shows that I paid $1.13 a gallon for gas. My total was a whopping $10.00! If I can fill up the SUV for under $60, I don’t sob…as much.



Okay, this is my FAVORITE! This is a tag for some sort of clothing in the fashionable color of ASH! It’s in size 3x! (FYI I’m now a 6/8! Not bragging, just saying. Screw it…I’m bragging! Hey did you hear I’m a 6/8 now? It’s true!!) And finally the clothing purchase was made at VENTURE! The store that no longer exists! Perfect. Just perfect.

So there is my life. My life in a white plastic basket.

Love,
Stephanie

Also note, I probably used my mother's gas card for this purchase. Here's a little secret: My brother and I charged the shit out of that gas card. One perk of having an alcoholic mother with fair credit. Unlimited gas station charging! Who wants a Slim Jim? Oh and don't worry about the secret, you don't have to keep it. My mom's dead. So no harm, no foul!

No comments:

Post a Comment