Wednesday, January 26, 2011

JcPenney...I think I love you!

I’m not a bargain shopper. I don’t mind paying too much for things, just ask my husband. Sure I love when I accidentally get a good deal. For instance when something rings up for less than expected, I get a kick out of it. I do watch for clearance areas, but I think that’s just common behavior by mammals that shop.

So Curtis has wanted some new work shoes, but he is not a shopper. Since I LOVE to shop, I got the specs on the wanted kicks and went store to store in search of them. Perhaps I would have had a better chance in finding Bigfoot. Living in a small town leaves few places to find specific items. Especially those of the higher price range. After doing a location search online, I discovered that the shoes might be found at JcPenney’s in our “mall”. On to Penney’s!

I went straight to the shoe department, bypassing rows and rows of clearance racks. It took everything out of me not to stop. No shoes. Well, there were shoes, just not the ones my love wished for. Well, I certainly can’t leave any store empty handed, for that is insane. After wandering around and piling clothes upon my tiny arms, I was ready to check out! I got the following:

  • 4 Cashmere Sweaters for the Twins
  • 2 Carters Footie PJ’s for the Twins
  • 1 Pair of Khaki’s for Alexis
  • 1 Sweater Dress for Alexis

I spent $20.17 and saved $216.18!!

This about sent me over the edge. I came home and shared all the excitement with the family. I was so pumped up, I went back up there and spent another $24 and saved like $54. That night I was dreaming of the deals I got. I was even day-dreaming about JCPenney’s all day. Even when I had dangerous chemicals on my head for my hair straightening appointment, I just kept thinking about those red stickers.

Soooo, naturally after I got all the kids home from school, I dropped them off with Dad and went BACK TO PENNEY’S! And this was my haul on the third trip:

  • 2 Skirts for the Twins
  • 2 Leggings for the Twins
  • 4 Cashmere Sweaters for the Twins
  • 2 Long Sleeved Blouses
  • 2 Lacey Tutu Tops for the Twins
  • A Pink Polo Shirt for Alexis
  • A Long Sleeved Blouse for Alexis

I spent $43.41 and saved $263.49!!!!!



I about fainted! Fainted from ecstasy! Now I know it looks like the guys in the house didn’t get anything. However that’s just not true! In the middle trip they each got a shirt and I also bought Ty-man 2 shirts today at Wal-Mart because I felt bad. He’s a dude though and couldn’t have cared less about the clothes. So that’s my awesome shopping trip!

Love,
Stephanie

P.S. Curtis did end up with his shoes, so the story has a very happy ending! *winksies*

No comments:

Post a Comment