Monday, January 24, 2011

What I Did Today

Well, today I’m going to get a little personal with my life. I won’t divulge too much, but I’ll share a little more than normal. I’ve decided to see a psychiatrist to deal with some issues I’ve had all my life. I won’t go into them, because it’s boring and there’s no need to dump on anyone else unless I have to pay them. So without going into my details, I would like to share what I can.

Prior to any real help, I had to have an orientation type meeting several weeks ago. Then today I had a quick Q & A with a therapist. After this meeting another meeting was scheduled with her and an appointment was made for a meeting with an  actual psychiatrist. Apparently people with advanced degrees like to have meetings. Whateves, I’m down with whatever as long as I gets what I needs.

First of all, at the original orientation there were 5 of us if I remember correctly. And while we were waiting together to be called back into the first of a zillion meetings, there was a general consensus among us all. We were all side-eyeing each other wondering what the hell was causing the crazy in each of us. I wonder what people thought I was there for. I won’t tell you what I thought of the others, but they were clearly plum loco.

So on to today! I sat in the main waiting room with 3 other “ladies”. One of them was probably no older than 20 and she was quietly texting in the corner, so I paid her little attention. Too normal for me. Another “lady” was probably only 40ish, but looked like late 50’s and coughed like an elderly dog on death row. She didn’t really hold my attention either. Boy howdy did “lady” numero three make my drive to Centralia worth it!

First of all, she about took me down in order to beat me to the sign in sheet. Then I heard this angel speak. It was like Jesus whispering in my ear. Or maybe it was like Momma from “Throw Momma From the Train” on a rough day. The cherry on the cigarette was that she would randomly bark out curse words to no one in particular every minute or two. I was more than thrilled when my name was called first.

I don’t know what the hell my therapist was up to, but when I walked into her office I thought I walked into my Grandma’s crib as a kid. The furniture looked like she inherited her great-grandmothers suite. By that I mean it was clean and pristine but the pattern…old lady floral. And Christ on a cracker it was at least 95 degrees in there. She was getting the truth out even if she had to sweat it out of me. I truly expected her to drop a spotlight in my face and ask me where I was on January 3, 2011. (Truth be told, I ain’t tellin’ anyone where I was on January 3, 2011!)

Final thought: I know for a fact that I will NEVER run into any of the “ladies” in a dental office. Zing!

Love,
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment