Sunday, February 27, 2011

Adventures in St. Louis

Well, I made it back from STL in one piece. I’m down some cash, but that’s just fine by my hubby. Because I’m more relaxed than I’ve been in a long time. And I got to shop til I dropped, in a real mall! At stores like, Aeropostale and Banana Republic and TARGET! I actually stopped and shopped at two different Targets! Oh yeah and I got to meet my favorite blogger: Ree Drummond, The Pioneer Woman! So here’s the story of that adventure!

My amazing little brother, Stevie accompanied me on the ride! When we pulled up to the library where she was signing we were shocked to realize we were probably 400th or so in line! And even after we got there, the number about doubled. So we got line tickets like she was the Pope!

It was a long wait but after she did a little Q & A we were able to roam about the library. Now if you know my brother and I at all, you can imagine that it was a riot being together. We even got the giggles during the intro and we could barely hold it together, but it made the time go quickly. I may have caught Stevie being bad:



Well, it was a three-hour wait, what else would we do, behave? So here’s some pictures of the fun!

This is Ree speaking and sweating and just being adorable.



This is her husband, Marlboro Man. The line to get his photo and his signature was just as long as Ree’s. I made Steve get his picture.



This is me telling Ree what an inspiration her blog is to me. She was so nice and kind to everyone who met her. She personalized each book and took tons of photos. She told me she loved my hair! I was shocked and squealed with delight, probably humiliating my little brother. But he laughed and took the pictures through his embarrassment.



Here is the product of 3+ hours of waiting while grown woman chatted around us about every tweet and move that The Pioneer Woman has made in the last 5 years. It was silly and stupid all at the same time! But I LOVE my book even more!





Here is the free breakfast I got from my hotel this morning. It was so yummy I ate it all and passed out for 2 hours. I barely made it out at checkout time!



Then I went crazy shopping! I won’t bore you with all the awesome deals, but I will show you one purchase I made:



Some black Chucks! I have them in red and black now! I’m going to own every color! I really ended up getting a whole new wardrobe and lots of things for the house. I had a great time but I am happy to be home.

Side note: My wonderful family cleaned the house from top to bottom including laundry so I wouldn’t come home to work! What a great vacation! I can’t wait to sleep in my bed tonight!

Love,
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment