Friday, November 5, 2010

Owwiee!

I've had a pain in my shoulder since August. I didn't do anything unusual. Just my normal housework and the occasional irritant, like moving furniture around. But nothing that I can remember causing the pain. I've been taking Advil for it, even though I shouldn't be doing that because of my tum-tum. Any how, it's starting to hurt more and more as the days pass.

As luck would have it, Walgreens just opened an on-site medical office for employees and their families. They opened their doors on Tuesday, so I walked in on Wednesday to see if they could fit me in. I was patient number 6, so they are totally new. Anyhow, I was there for 3 hours, they were learning new programs and blah blah, I understood the long time it took. I'm not a complainer. Well, not to people's faces, but more like on a blog.

Long story, less long, I have a strained right deltoid. I was given muscle relaxers that knock me completely out, so I can only take them at bedtime. I was given some exercises to do (ha) and a follow up appointment in two weeks. If it's not better by then, I'll get a referral to a PT for their help. I have a feeling that's where I'm headed.

Now, for the most important part, the doctor said that I need to rest my arm as much as possible. Especially no lifting or straining. So, I guess I need to request time off to recuperate. I'm going to put in a vacation request form to my boss for this weekend off. I suppose he'll need to hire a temporary worker. I hope I get to do the interviewing, line up boys! In the meantime, I guess no more benchpressing or squats. I'll just lie on the couch and get better.

Love,
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment