Thursday, November 25, 2010

Sorry, it's a Thanksgiving story. Sorry everyone.

Well, I had no plans to write anything concerning Thanksgiving today. But something happened at dinner that has forced me to post this. We don't live very close to our extended families, so we stay home for the holidays, heck there's six of us here already, so it's like a big ole group of crazy any way you slice it. So, like a lot of families on Thanksgiving, we all had our plates overflowing with fixins and whatnots and each took a turn telling the others about what we are thankful for. Here's the gist and part of the story that is nice but irrelevant.


Daddy - Thankful for Mommy's hard work at taking care of everyone
Mommy - Thankful for Daddy's hard work and letting us get things we want.
Kenzy - Thankful for Mommy's food.
Addy - Thankful for juice.
Alexis - Thankful for all of her family and friends.


Now onto the point of this story. As we're all taking our turns, Ty is watering up and making the "I'm not going to cry. Fine I will." face. Daddy says, "Ty what are you thankful for?" With tears rolling down his cheeks, he says, "I'm grateful for my family and everyone in my heart." It was so sincere and loving, it made my heart want to bust out of my chest. I said, "Why are you crying, Honey?" And he said, "I'm crying tears of happiness." Then I died. Right there during Thanksgiving dinner, I fell to the floor and died. After a minute or so of death, I decided to reanimate and eat. It was damn good too!


Happy Thanksgiving, y'all!
Stephanie


BTW, earlier this week I overheard Addy and Kenzy talking to each other about what they're thankful for. Kenzy is thankful for ketchup and Addy is thankful for chicken. Definitely my children.

No comments:

Post a Comment