Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Picking up the kids, I guess.

I take my kids to and from school. I don’t really like the bus schedule, other drivers or humans, so sue me. Anywho, the primary school has a certain way the cars have to line up and wait to be waved in. There’s always a line of cars and it always takes FOREVER. No matter how early I line up, I’m never closer than 10 cars to the front. I really think some people drop their kids off at 8:15, circle around and begin the wait til 2:45. Sort of like waiting for those hard to get Justin Bieber tickets or so I’ve been told.

Well, the numbero uno vehicle is always this piece of crap gold Silhouette van. The driver, can’t make out if it’s male or female since I’m backed up to the state line waiting my turn pulls up to the first spot and their stupid kid is NEVER ready to go. Six or seven cars get their “precious” cargo and squirrel around gold Silhouette who is just sitting there as the paint chips off and probably lands on a seal cub bringing the Earth closer and closer to nonexistence status.

So I roll my eyes, curse under my breath and fumble with the radio knobs. (More than likely the same song is on the only 3 channels this dump town gets in clearly.) Also God forbid your cell phone rings in line. Assistant principal Mrs. Hardass will jump on your hood Duke style and knock that bad boy unto your floor and under your seat. Probably never to be seen again. (We’re not allowed to use cell phones in or near the school, like we’re all sex offenders. Side note, I’m not.)

Well, long story short, our kids school needs a better way for us to get our kids. Guy in the white Neon that’s always in front of me knows what I’m talking about. I wonder if he writes a blog that talks about the lady in the white Aspen that always behind him in line. I wonder if he thinks I’m pretty?

No comments:

Post a Comment