Monday, October 11, 2010

Happy Temper Tantrum Day!

You'd think that having a Monday off of school and being able to stay up a little later the previous night, my children would be pleasant today on the most sacred of all the holidays, Columbus Day. Or at least not have to be yelled at on their day off of school. This morning I was forced to hit the stupid snooze button 465 times because Curtis wanted "just five more minutes" of his beauty sleep. Unlike the children, he and I were forced to work today. Any how, I finally kicked him outta bed and went peacefully back to my slumber.

At 6:30 am, our soon to be adopted out son was running through the house asking for breakfast. This is even earlier than when we get up for school days. This kid is INSANE. So I played opossum until I could hear him settle down and play some sort of karate game on my laptop. I knew that would keep him busy for a few hours.

Then I was finally forced awake by terrorists that looked eerily similar to my three daughters. Addyson was doing her normal whine, Kenzy scrambled out from under my bed, where she has their "hideout". And Alexis, sweet, Alexis! She came into my room with bowls of cereal for all of her siblings. She really is an amazing daughter. She knows when it's time to hustle the others out of my wrath and she'll even replace TP when needed. So I was quite surprised when she had a breakdown this afternoon.

We were watching Judge Joe Brown, duh, it's a weekday! So, we're watching that and she starts mumbling about being bored and wanting some craft supplies. I begged her to go find something to do...be a kid. Go.Play. Play something, play anything, just stop the whining! Instead, Kenzy started ribbing her and that was it. All hell broke lose. Alexis said I (ME) don't understand anything and began sobbing. I told her to go into her room to get the tears out. (I can't stand crying, it's like nails on a chalkboard. Hate it!) So she heaved a huge sob, stomped up the stairs and...SLAMMED HER DOOR. SLAMMED.HER.DOOR.
SLAMMED
HER
DOOR.

If I did that, my mother would have teleported to my room, kicked the door open and maybe popped me upside the head. Me on the other hand, ignored it. So about 5 minutes later she came back downstairs and asked if I loved her. I said, "Of course." And the Great Temper Tantrum of 2010 has (hopefully) ended. And just in time for our annual Akerman Columbus Day Pancake Dinner.

Happy Columbus Day! Happy Temper Tantrum Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment